COVID-19 RT-PCR fit to fly tests
Same day results
If you are travelling abroad, many countries now require a negative COVID-19 test result and a fit to fly certificate to allow you into the country. We are a UKAS accredited provider of private same-day COVID-19 Fit to Fly tests and certificates in central London and are listed on the UK Government website (GOV.UK).
Fit to fly COVID-19 testing available 9am-12pm Monday-Friday.
(Except Bank Holidays)
At our partner clinic:
56-57 Fleet Street
City of London
- Don’t use any nasal medication or spray for at least 12 hours before your test.
- Don’t eat, drink, smoke, chew gum, brush your teeth, or use mouthwash 2 hours before your test.
- Please bring the appropriate face coverings.
- If you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a new/continuous cough, loss of taste/smell and temperature please do not attend the clinic. Please self-isolate as per Government guidance.
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment.
- You will need to confirm whether you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You will also need to confirm if you are aware of coming into contact with a case of COVID-19.
- A PCR test is a test that is used to tell if you currently have COVID-19.
- We use the direct real-time PCR method (RT-PCR) at UKAS accredited laboratories no. 7983 and no. 22374 (both are ISO 15189 compliant). The tests we use have a minimum of 97% sensitivity and minimum 99% specificity, which meets the highest standards required by the Government.
- Sample collection will happen at our partner clinic, in-person.
- A nurse will assist with the self swab to ensure correct technique of taking the swab for quality assurance and safe handling of the samples to reach the laboratory. This is a quick process and you will be in and out of the clinic within 10 minutes.
- If you miss your appointment for any reason, we will not be able to refund you the cost. We will, however, be able to reschedule the appointment for you within next 30 days.
- Same-day results will arrive before 9pm on the same day. Next-day results will arrive before 9pm on the next day. However, there can occasionally be delays due to unforeseen circumstances that are out of our control. We cannot be held responsible for any disruption to your plans as a result of delays from lab processing.
- A negative test result indicates that COVID-19 was not found in your sample and you will be supplied with your Fit to Fly certificate. A positive test result indicates that it is very likely you have COVID-19. In this instance, you should start self-isolation immediately.
- There’s a very small chance a test may come back as inconclusive. This can happen when the sample has been contaminated by things like food and drink (see Before your test, above). If this happens the test will need to be repeated. We cannot be held responsible for any disruption to travel plans.
- Your results and Fit to Fly certificate will be delivered to you via email.
- If you do not receive your test results by the time they are due, please email email@example.com or call 020 7118 5600.
- For up to date travel advice please visit Gov.uk and select your destination from the list to find entry requirements.
- It is your responsibility to meet any necessary testing requirements before you travel. Please note requirements are subject to change and we cannot be held responsible.
- If you will be returning to England, please read the Government’s amber and green list rules on entering England.